Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

GHD Haul



I'd firstly like to point out I don't normally go on a huge spree like this but my hair products were pretty desperate for an update- I mean, my old hair dryer's nozzle was held on with masking tape and my GHD straighteners were gripping my hair and pulling it out (yikes).
As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a GHD fan! Their products last such a long time and they're all so reliable. I have three sisters so between us we've tried almost all of their straighteners.

My old GHD straighteners have been pretty faithful to me over the years but I knew they were coming to the end of the road. I couldn't put up with the friction on my hair for much longer; so when I was sat in the hairdressers and I spotted some gorrrrrrgeous purple straighteners out the corner of my eye, I knew they were calling my name (purple is my favourite colour). They're limited edition from the Candy Collection called GHD IV Violet Styler.

They came in this pretty purple box.
Performance-wise: They're great! They do the job really well; I can curl, wave and straighten. The only negative point is they're made of a different plastic to the basic GHDs so they aren't as robust- I wouldn't want to drop them. They creak a little and you can push them out of alignment.
Overall, I don't think they'll last as long as my old ones but they're still amazing.
GHD Air Hairdryer: This is an incredible hairdryer! It isn't too powerful and the air comes out so smoothly, you can get lots of volume and really smooth hair. It comes with two different nozzles which go on and off quite easily.
 The only negative I have to say about this hairdryer is the weight. It is really quite heavy just above the handle- the handle couldn't be better placed really! It's alright if you're doing somebody else's hair but it does take a bit of getting used to on your own. However, it doesn't put me off the product. I'd recommend it to anyone!

And finally, the Paddle Brush. It's perfect for drying your hair straight and glides through so easily. I absolutely love it and I'm amazed at how it hardly marks up- especially considering I use it every day with my Moroccan Oil covered hands! It has a rubbery finish (so it never slips out your hand). I don't know what else there really is to say about a brush... if you dry your hair straight then I really do recommend it.

What do you think to GHD?

No comments:

Post a Comment